Hip and safe ways of running in the dark
We’re still adjusting to the morning day light, or better yet, lack there of, especially when it comes to working out. It’s hard to get out of bed when it’s still dark out and it’s so unbelievably tempting to just stay in bed and hit your snooze button rather than going outside for your daily run around the block. But for all you devoted athletes, there are a few things you should keep in mind now that your mornings are glummer. Safety above all, right? Here are a few tips for running when it’s dark out and ways to still look cool and stay safe.
– My favorite sports brand is Nike. They have vests and tights with reflecting stripes. And Nike wouldn’t be Nike if the clothing weren’t sexy.
– Change up your route and jog somewhere with better lighting.
– Run with a group if it is really dark out. It’s safer and more fun.
– Buy lights you can hook onto your shoes. Bike lights will do the trick! Take it from me guys, you want to be seen in the dark, or else you’ll get run over.
– Run facing towards traffic. It’s the best way to have a better overview of the traffic.
– Try running without music, although it sounds very boring. Or at least turn your volume down. That way you can still hear everything around you.
– Oh, and since the temperatures are dropping, make sure you warm up before you run. Cold muscles will only result in injuries.
Nike Running wristband: €13,-
Nike Running sleeves: €30
Fendi workout jacket: €500,-
Montreal London Hoody: €240,-
Nike tights €55,-